Qantas and Emirates unveil Frequent Flyer benefits
Emirates and Qantas unveiled details of benefits that will be available to frequent flyers through their proposed partnership.
The Emirates and Qantas partnership, which still remains subject to regulatory approval, is designed to offer customers a seamless travel experience across one of the world’s largest networks.
Some of the key benefits that Emirates Skywards and Qantas Frequent Flyer members will be able to access for travel from 31 March 2013 are:
- Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points or Emirates Skywards Miles on Emirates and Qantas flights. (Emirates Skywards members will be able to earn Skywards Miles on Qantas international flights and domestic flights that are part of a continuous international journey with Emirates or Qantas).
- An expanded network for members of each program to earn Qantas Status credits and Status bonus or Skywards Tier miles and Tier bonus when they travel on codeshare flights.
- Redeem points/Miles on any part of the Qantas or Emirates network – a combined total of more than 175 destinations worldwide.
- Access to both Qantas and Emirates lounges for Gold members (or above) of either program in Australia, Europe, the Middle East and North Africa.
- Have their tier status in either program recognised with both airlines when flying on the joint Qantas-Emirates network (where available).
Through the partnership, Emirates’ customers can now choose from 32 Australian destinations that Qantas operates to including Canberra, Port Lincoln, Cairns and Hobart, opening up Australia to passengers from all over the ever expanding Emirates network, with travel from 31 March 2013.
Emirates operate flights on a daily schedule from Malta to Dubai via Larnaka, Cyprus giving passengers convenient onward connections to any of the five Emirates destinations in Australia.