Special voting document and early voting
Special Voting Documents
Voters for the General and Local Councils Elections who have lost, damaged or destroyed their document and those who although their name appears in the Electoral Register published in January 2013, as revised by the decisions of the Revising Officer, have not as yet received their voting document may apply personally to one of the Electoral Commissioners for a Special Voting Document.
The applicants must present their Identity Card in order to be able to submit application during the following hours:
· Monday to Saturday from 08:00h to 14:00h and from 15:00h to 19:00h
· Sunday, March 3, from 08:00h to 13:00h
· Wednesday, March 6, from 08:00h to 14:00h and from 15:00h to 21:00h for documents regarding the general election and from 15:00h to 18:00h for documents regarding the local council elections.
Voters who are registered in the 13th electoral division, namely Gozo and Comino, may call at the Identity Cards Office, Rabat, Gozo, during the same office hours.
Nobody will be allowed to vote without a voting document. For further information on this particular subject call on tel. No. 25583127/8.
Persons who shall be abroad on polling day
Voters who shall be abroad on polling day and wish to vote in advance on Saturday, March 2, have until noon of Friday, March 1, to effect a sworn and solemn statement in front of an Electoral Commissioner declaring their travel plans.
This solemn statement on oath shall be made at the Office of the Electoral Commission, Evans Building, St. Elmo Square, Valletta, or at the Identity Cards Office, St. Francis Square, Rabat, Gozo, during the following hours:
· Monday, 25 to Thursday, 28 from 08:00h to 14:00h and from 15:00h to 19:00h
· Friday March 1, from 08:00h to noon
It is important that applicants show their own identity card, and that on the day of advanced voting (02/03/2013) the person is in possession of one’s own voting document as, without it, no one shall be allowed to vote.