If you’ve let your beauty regime fall by the wayside, it’s time to introduce some resolutions, these are quick, easy to stick to and you’ll love the results.
I will take off my make-up every night, and cleanse the skin again in the morning.
- Leaving on make-up overnight clogs pores and causes blemishes. If you don’t like to fiddle around with separate cleansers choose a creamy or milky one that will remove all your make-up quickly and in one go. For those very late nights, keep a pack of facial wipes by your bed so you can wipe off make-up before you hit the pillow.
I will exfoliate once a week
- As we get older, skin gets more sluggish and dead cells can build up, leaving your face looking grey and tired. A gentle weekly exfoliation will reveal a plumper, fresher surface below. Try doing it on a Sunday night so you start the new week looking bright and fresh. Always use a facial exfoliator and never one intended for your body, as it will be far too harsh for your delicate facial skin.
I will not forget to moisturize
- If you are in a rush it can be tempting just to slap on your make-up without applying moisturizer first, but applying a thin veil of cream only takes a few seconds. It smoothes and hydrates your skin and makes blending foundation and concealer easier. A moisturizer with SPF protection and antioxidants for the morning will prevent premature ageing too.
I will spring-clean my make-up bag
- To save time rummaging around in the morning, streamline your make-up collection and get rid of any old products that you never use or are past their best. Separate your cosmetics into two bags, one with all the basics you use daily, and the other with all your glam kit for the evening.
I will use my make-up brushes
- If you have a stash of make-up brushes but don’t use them, it’s time to start, because brushes are designed to simplify things. Using good blusher, eye shadow, liner and lip brushes is a guaranteed way to make your make-up look smoother, seamless and more precise. Just make sure you clean them regularly, it’s a chore but it prevents germs and eye infections.
I will stop caking it on
- It’s very tempting to keep your make-up looking fresh by frequently touching it up. While this gives you a short-term solution, you risk clogging up your skin, lashes and lips. To freshen up without layering on more products try a few cheats: combat shine with blotting papers, spritz your face with evian to restore dewiness, use a tinted lip balm rather than re-applying lipstick and add a touch more mascara to the tips of your lashes.
Lara Bella Vella Baldacchino
Beauty Expressed in Colours, Dun Tarcis Agius Sqr, M’Scala