Last Updated 29 | 01 | 2014 at 15:26

News

Boy awarded €50,000 for disability caused by hospital ventilator

Article By:
di-ve.com news
editorial@di-ve.com

A nine-year old boy who suffered a 13 per cent permanent disability upon birth due to a ventilator malfunction was awarded nearly €50,000 in damages by a court.

The court heard that the boy and his twin brother were born prematurely in December 2004 and placed on a ventilator machine with tubes inserted through his nostrils. The machine, however, malfunctioned and the boy suffered burns to his nostrils and despite treatment abroad his breathing remained problematic.

Madam Justice Anna Felice ordered compensation of €49,118.94.

Lawyers Shazoo Ghaznavi, David Camilleri and Joe Gatt were defence council.

Please sign in or register to post comments.